Capellini with Lemon & Shrimp
what you will need:
- table salt
- 1 pound capellini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil , plus more for serving
- 1 small onion , minced
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4cup heavy cream
- 2 teasp. finely grated zest and 1/4 cup juice from 3 lemons
- 1o oz finely fresh grated Parmesan cheese (about 1/2 cup), plus more for serving
- Ground black pepper
- 3 tablesp. shredded fresh basil leaves
- 1 pound of raw shrimp ( if you buy frozen, let it thaw first)
bring 4 quarts water to boil in large dutch oven over high heat. add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to boiling water; cook as directed. reserve 1¾ cups cooking water, drain pasta into colander, and set aside. heat 1 tablespoon oil in now-empty dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering. add onion and garlic and 1/2 teaspoon salt; cook until onion is softened, about 2 minutes. Whisk 1 1/2 cups of reserved pasta cooking water and cream into pot; bring to simmer and cook for 2 minutes, add the shrimp and simmer for 1 min. remove pot from heat, return pasta, and stir until coated. Stir in remaining 3 tablespoons oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, cheese, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
cover and let pasta stand 2 minutes, tossing frequently and adjusting consistency with remaining 1/4 cup reserved pasta water if necessary. Stir in basil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve, drizzling individual portions with oil and sprinkling with cheese.
Good Luck 🙂