for the hot dogs you will need:
any frankfurters of your choice
1 tablespoon chopped white onion (optional)
shredded mild cheddar cheese (optional)
for the chilli sauce you will need:
- 1 pound or 450gr. ground meat
- 1 six ounce or 150gr. of tomato paste
- 1 cup or 240ml water
- 1 tablesp. sugar
- 1 tablesp. prepared yellow mustard
- 1/2 minced onion
- 2 teasp. chili powder
- 1 teasp. worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teasp. salt
- 1/2 teasp. celery salt
- 1/2 teasp. ground cumin (heaping)
- 1/4 teasp. ground black pepper
making the chili dog sauce:
1. in a 2 qt. saucepan, brown the ground chuck, breaking into very small
pieces. salt and pepper lightly while cooking. do not drain the fat.
2. add the remaining ingredients. Simmer on low heat, uncovered, 30−45 minutes until it
thickens. Stir occasionally.
making your chili dog:
1. bring a 2 qt. saucepan of water to a rolling boil. meanwhile heat up your oven to 225 fahrenheit or a 100 celsius, warm up your buns for about 5 min. when you brought your water to a roilling boil, remove the saucepan from the heat, and add the desired number of
frankfurters to the water. cover and let sit about 5 minutes.
spread some mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup in you bun, ad the dog, 2 tablesp. of chilli and your onion and cheese.
not really healthy but reallllllllyyy good ;-), enjoy and good luck!
ps: freeze the rest if you have left-overs